31.10.13

Actions

Even small children are known by their actions... -- Proverbs 20:11

We just finished up a very fun Halloween evening. Eli put his ninja costume on at around 3 p.m., so it would be a bit of an understatement to say that he was ready to go! Lila's costume took a bit more work, but we got her all pinked up. Kai, the red ninja and Pinkie Pie - They both looked adorable! I can't wait to get the photos uploaded, so I can share them.

I mentioned on Facebook that Eli fell and injured his ankle last night and I was rather worried. Doug and I both breathed a sigh of relief when we heard him thumping down the stairs this morning - both mobile and not crying! Whew! His foot and ankle are all purple and blue, but it's not slowing him down one bit. He was sprinting from house to house tonight!

I was very proud of Lila last night. She and Eli fight a lot, of course, and she can be quite nasty at times. She has got a definite nurturing streak in her, however, and it showed up while Eli was hurting. While he was laid up in our bed and I was giving medicine and applying cold packs, Lila was bringing ice water, favorite stuffed animals, cloths for cleaning the wound, etc. Brushing teeth was mentioned and she appeared with two toothbrushes to choose from!

I've had her minister to me in this way, when I've been sick. It can be the middle of July and the first thing she'll do is bring a blanket to snuggle under. In fact, her GET-WELL TRIFECTA includes fresh cool water, a blanket, and your favorite stuffed animal. I think she's on to something!

I was afraid she'd be a little jealous of all the attention Eli was getting, but she really showed her character. It was sweet. :)

No comments: