9.10.13

Juggling

The Un-Cleaners
You may delay, but time will not. -- Poor Richard's Almanack

It seems as though I can never keep all aspects of my life in good working order at the same time. Just when I get a good thing going in one area of my life, I realize that I've let another one fall by the wayside. This time, I've gotten ever so much better at keeping my calendar updated and preparing for homeschool ahead of time, but my house is in shambles! With the disappearance of Summer Free Time, I've lost control of the house cleaning.

As I sit here and type this, I am looking at a living room cluttered with toys, papers, remote controls, pillows, and shoes. And that's just the clutter! I'm afraid to look too closely at the things that need real cleaning. My stove top is starting to look like the diorama of some alien planet! Yesterday, I managed to find five minutes to tidy up the guest room and that felt like a major achievement. I just don't understand how Born Organized people do it!

The one positive thing I can say is this: After a nearly 11-year battle, I have finally defeated the Laundry Monster! I have mastered the One Load Per Day rule and it works! Sometimes I even have to hunt down enough dirty laundry to make a load. I never thought I'd be able to say that.

No comments: