3.10.13

Sinners

We are not amused.
The Bible will keep you from sin or sin will keep you from the Bible. -- D. L. Moody

My kids have been at each other's throats today! It's like somebody fed them Crazy Juice for breakfast. Often, when I'm having my Bible time in the morning, they will start arguing downstairs. What makes me nuts -- and this is what they did today -- is when they bring the argument upstairs to my bedroom. Do they feel the need for an audience, or what? I'm trying to have a few minutes of peaceful prayer, for cryin' out loud!

This morning, after finally managing to eject them from my bedroom, they took their arguing to another part of the house. There was no peace until we started our school work. That was all fine until I asked Lila to re-do some very sloppy handwriting work. She tried turning her attitude on me at that point, which did not work out for her. She got to spend the rest of the morning in her room. And on and on it went, all day.

The worst of it definitely came when Lila found out that Eli was one chore away from earning a video, but she had lost that opportunity for the day. I went outside to talk on the phone for a few minutes and came back in to find Eli, sitting on the toilet and screaming. Lila had tried to prevent him from doing his last chore because she didn't want him to get a video either. She attempted to trap him in the hall closet and managed to smash his finger in the process.

SERIOUSLY?!?

They were still crazy, all the way up until bedtime, but it had taken a more playful turn by dinner, thank goodness. Doug and I had already decided that we were going to banish them to the kitchen for the remainder of the meal if they started even one argument at the dining room table! Little sinners.

I really hope that tomorrow is less exciting.

No comments: