1.2.04

Well, we've had a lovely and relaxing weekend, thank you! We are about to go to a Super Bowl (Superb Owl?) party, but not because we care about the game. We are going for the hang-out factor and because we want to see the commercials. I do like football, but not professional football. I'm a college football fan. Specifically, I'm a UT Longhorns fan ('magine that!). Doug could not care less about football, but somehow he still understands the rules better than I do. I think that must be something in the male genes. I understand the basic rules, but I still don't understand most of the penalties. Isn't the whole point of the game to stop the other players from accomplishing what they're trying to accomplish? I suppose that without rules it would be a brutish and barbaric game (like it's not already) and people would be dying like when American football first became a popular sport. (ooh, that almost makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about...!)

No comments: