6.2.04

This is crazy - a deer hit my car last night! I'm still kind of freaked out by it. I was just driving down the street (somewhat major road - speed limit 55) and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a deer headed straight for the side of my car! By the time I even registered what I had seen, the poor thing had hit the back right side of the car. I'm trying to convince myself that it just stunned it and it's okay. I was even afraid to look at the car because I was afraid I'd see something that would convince me otherwise. But it wasn't major. Just a dent. I don't even care about the car though - I'm far more upset about the deer! The only reason I wasn't hysterical is because the deer hit me, I didn't hit it. There was nothing I could do about it and I can convince myself that the deer might be okay. Not much chance of that if I'd hit it head-on. Oy! That must have looked shocking and awful to the person driving behind me! :o(~

No comments: