10.7.06

Teething or Possessed by the Devil?

My poor girl is having a rough day! I think she might be teething. Either that or she just got up on the wrong side of the crib! I'm not sure how that would be possible though, since the crib can only be exited from one side. Does the wrong side of the bed actually change from day to day?!? Ooh, I'll have to ponder that one.

Anyway, Lila is napping right now, but not because she wants to be. I put her down half an hour earlier than I normally would because she was clearly tired. She woke up early this morning and has only had two short naps during the day. She's been cranky all day, but I drew the line when she had a *total* meltdown because I wouldn't let her push the buttons on the computer box. [sigh] Such a mean Mommy!

She found a way around the earlier nap time though by fighting it for 45 minutes before finally going to sleep. She then slept for only 30 minutes and woke up crying like she was injured. I took this as a sign that she was really not ready to be awake yet and (via persistent rocking and back rubbing) made her go back to sleep.

Ah, but now, 15 minutes later, she is awake again. Oh well, time to rescue her from the Crib of Desair. I'll take her out to get the mail - she enjoys that. That and a snack of fruit puffs ought to keep her satisfied until her Daddy comes home and rescues ME! :)

No comments: