8.7.06

I'm feeling very introspective this evening. It is so hard to balance all the parts of your life, especially when you become a parent. I thought I was doing a good job of spending time with other women - to keep up my friendships. But somehow I still feel empty at times. I think I'm going through the motions, but not really putting my heart into it. I don't know.

New resolution: Don't just go on lunch dates. Really *be* there. Share deeply. Ask questions. Be vulnerable. There is no intimacy without vulnerability!

On a completely unrelated note, we saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this afternoon. It was good, but wholly unsatisfying. It's the second movie in a trilogy, so, of course, it's a tease. They don't wrap this one up nicely like they did the first one. And you are left questioning the character of a couple of... characters. I don't like it when movies end in ambiguity.

It was still good though - worth seeing. Just don't take your little kids because they will be scared (like the little girl in front of us who was telling her mommy it was too scary within the first 60 seconds of the movie)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget all that action/adventure/scary stuff and tell me how Johnny Depp looked in it!

You know who!

Redpeeler said...

He looked like the luscious pirate that he is... :)