19.7.06

5 a.m. Mumblings

I talk in my sleep. I have been told this by numerous roommates (including Doug). Apparently, I even went through a phase where I laughed in my sleep a lot. Usually, when you talk in your sleep, it's just mumbling and nonsense words.

At around 5 o'clock this morning, I woke up and went to the restroom. When I got back, Doug said, "So, what did you work out in your dream?"

Huh?

He told me I'd been mumbling in my sleep, when suddenly I said, very clearly, "I just needed to work that out."

Now *I* want to know what it is that I worked out? Was it important? :o)~

Actually, I tend to think that dreams are a major way that our brains process all the things that we see/hear/learn/etc. during the day. So it makes sense that I was working SOMETHING out. Maybe next time I'll say what it was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another way you take after your father.

BTW, I have come up with some brilliant ideas in my sleep and actually gotten awake enough to write them down. The next day they may make sense but they are either really dumb or won't work at all!