31.7.06

Circles

Lila does something to amaze me every day! I have a couple of t-shirts that have one or more circles on the front. I discovered by accident several weeks ago that I had taught Lila that the things on my shirt were called circles. Since then, I have periodically made her wow small audiences by saying, "Lila, can you point to the circle on Mommy's shirt?" and then watching with pride as she did so.

I was beginning to suspect, however, that she didn't really know those were circles. I thought maybe she just knew that she was expected to point at my shirt when I asked that question. Well, *that* suspicion has been proven WRONG!

We went outside and got the mail earlier today and I let her have an Envelope of No Importance. We sat down on the sofa togther and she was examining this piece of mail. I noticed that there was a very clearly defined circle in the postmark, so I decided to test her knowledge.

"Lila, can you point to the circle?" She thought about it for several seconds and then... pointed to the circle on the envelope! How crazy is that?!? I don't care if that's perfectly normal for this age, it still blows me away!

2 comments:

HopeFloats said...

Two words: Brain surgeon.

michele said...

yep, she's brillant. :0)-m