8.7.06

Lila vs. Charlie

Well, we just had our first real cat vs. baby incident. No one saw exactly what happened, but Charlie scratched Lila's wrist. In his defense, he was freaked out by the vacuum cleaner and I don't think he did it on purpose (or at least, it was not premeditated). I think he was trying to escape the room and she was blocking his path and probably trying to reach for him.

Lila is fine. It was just deep enough to break the skin, but there was no profuse bleeding or anything. I put a couple of bandaids on and she is now diligently trying to remove them. She cried, I picked her up and wiped her tears, and then it was over. She forgets her troubles quickly.

Doug chased Charlie down and squirted him excessively with the water bottle. I'm afraid, if I had not been here, there would have been some kitty spanking going on. I reminded Doug of the bottle though. Charlie is totally freaked out and you can tell that he knows what he did was wrong. I made him come over to where I was sitting with Lila and "tell her he was sorry". I also let her pet him a little.

Peace is restored and soon Doug will stop threatening to shave Charlie. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Charlie is living dangerously these days. I might like to see what he would look like shaved though, it would make for some great blog pictures!

Kiss Lila's boo-boo for Mammaw and tell her I'll see her soon.

Mama