7.7.06

The Mind of a Cat

I love our cats so much and a large part of my appreciation for them is due to how strange they are. For example, a cat can never take the easy path to their destination. If Charlie is going to join Doug and I on the couch, he'll jump up over the arm and walk across one of us to squeeze in between us. Why couldn't he just jump up there from the floor? Who knows!

My favorite example of this is something that Cordy does *every* night. Actually, she does it multiple times per night, but I'm only aware of it at bedtime. While we are going through our nighttime routine, she'll lay in the floor on Doug's side of the bed (pouting, of course) and wait for us. Once we are both in bed, with the lights out and not talking, she'll finally make her move. She walks on the floor from Doug's side around to my side and then jumps up onto the bed. She then walks across both of us and up to the spot next to Doug's pillow, on the very edge of his side of the bed, where she sleeps. I would love to know what goes on inside that little kitty mind that tells her that is a better option than just jumping from the floor to that spot. :)

No comments: