31.5.06

There's really not much to report, but I haven't posted in a couple of days so I thought I should. Monday was a great, relaxing day off for Doug (and all of us). As the afternoon wore on, I started feeling my recent 'down' feeling creeping back in. I think it was just the knowledge that our long weekend of fun was about to be over and our normal week would be starting. Doug and I talked about it and prayed about it that evening.

I can't say I woke up feeling wonderful on Tuesday morning, but this week has definitely been better than the past few have been. One thing I realized is that I got out of the habit of showering and getting dressed/fixing my hair/etc. as soon as Lila goes down for her first nap. I had been doing that consistently (as a stay-at-home mom, it's easy to stay in your pajamas most of the day and never bathe) until the last time I got sick. At that point, I started sleeping during every spare moment because I was exhausted and didn't feel well.

My mistake was allowing myself to stay in the habit of going back to sleep when Lila did instead of getting ready for the day. It makes a huge difference in my mindset when I'm clean and dressed. It was SO hard not to go back to bed this morning, but I forced myself to do my morning routine instead and I'm glad I did. FlyLady would be so proud! :o)~

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see www.flylady.net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://neveo.info/2538.html or http://neveo.info/1617.html and http://google-index.info/2466.html