14.5.06

*Happy Mother's Day*

I have had a wonderful first Mother's Day! It helps that my daughter is wonderful and so is my husband! :) Lila's present for me was perfect. It's a very pretty diamond necklace. Simple, beautiful, and delicate. It's a reminder of the beautiful gift of being a mother.

Doug's gift was pretty good too - a food processor! I make a lot of my own baby food and it's frustrating at times because our food processor/blender thing is inadequate. It just spins the food around instead of "processing" it. Hopefully this new, better quality one will work better! Yipee!

I also got a yummy breakfast of ginger pancakes and we went out for a Mother's Day Brunch after church with MY mother. There was so much food that it was overwhelming! Thanks to the portion control thing we've been doing, my stomach has shrunk. I got about seven bites into my first plate of food and started feeling full already (even though i'd been starving before we started)!

Now we're just relaxing and sleeping off the food and the noise. I might get a little alone time later if Doug is able to take Lila with him when he goes to meet someone. It will all depend on timing though. Anyway, it's been a nice day... :)

No comments: