29.5.06

Doug tried to blind himself today. Lila and I were both taking naps and I was awakened by an odd sound followed by Doug crying out and then running into the house, through the bedroom, and into the bathroom. He was opening a can of 6-year-old primer and it exploded into his face! We rinsed his eyes for a few minutes and then called Poison Control.

I just happened to have gotten some brochures and magnets on poisoning and Poison Control from the pediatrician last week, so I knew what to do. I never thought the first call to Poison Control would be for *Doug* though! Anyway, they said there is nothing in primer that can injure his eyes, but he needed to get in the shower and let the water rinse them out for 15 minutes. His eyes are all better now. :o)~

Lila is blowing me away with all the words she's starting to say! She doesn't say them as clearly as an adult, but we know what she's saying. The most absolutely pitiful thing she's said is, "Nigh' nigh' Lila!" This was said through her tears, while in the car near the end of our trip to Houston when she was very tired and wanted to nap in her own bed and not the carseat (thankyouverymuch) and it sounded more like, "Niiigh' niiiigh' Liii-luuuh..." It was so sad that I almost started crying! Oh, the drama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he and his eyes are all/both okay. I can't imagine how painful that could be!

Mama

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»