11.5.06

*That's right, my child IS a genius!*

I'm wearing a shirt today that Lila really likes. It's orange and has a row of different colored circles across the front. Earlier today, she was staring at it and I was telling her that those were circles and what color each one was. That's a blue circle. That's a white circle. Etc.

A little while ago, we were sitting in the floor and I was reading a book to her. She was sitting in front of me and I was holding the book while she turned the pages. We came to a page with a school bus on it and she started pointing at the wheel. I said, "Do you like the wheel? That's a circle - like on Mommy's shirt."

Then, she turned around and pointed to a circle on my shirt!!!

This week she has also started waving (when she's in the mood) and saying things that sound suspiciously like words. (she'll look in the mirror and say something that sounds a lot like Lila) What will she be doing next week?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been telling you all along that she's a genius! She'll probably be teaching school by the time she's five! I don't think it is humanly possible for there to be a more proud grandparent!

Anonymous said...

you know I designed that orange shirt to help with the brain development of children. :0)
-michele

yes, your kid is ofcourse a genius.