12.5.06

Is it true that guys can only think about one thing at a time? I mean, I learned pretty quickly what Doug's concentration face looks like. If he's intently doing something, I leave him alone. Or, if I need to talk to him, I get his attention first and give him a few seconds to figure out who I am before I start speaking.

But today he has claimed that he can't mow the lawn and think about where he'd like to eat dinner at the same time. What?!? I feel like there are always at least three things going on inside my head at once, so I don't understand this. Mowing looks pretty mindless to me. Push the mower to the edge of the lawn, turn 90 degrees, push the mower to the edge of the lawn, turn 90 degrees, push the mower...

Maybe he was only kidding. But maybe not. I'm going to laugh if he comes in from mowing and I ask him where he'd like to eat dinner and he gives me that look that says, "When have I had time to think about that?"

I don't know, sometimes I'd like to be able to think about only one thing at a time...

No comments: