26.5.06

Angela Peeler, reporting from Houston...

I have two personal movie reviews:

King Kong - We watched this on Wednesday night. I loved the first half of the movie! The suspense was great and the action on Skull Island was good. And then animals started dying and grotesque man-eating megabugs started attacking. There was way too much CG-animal death in this movie and I literally had to keep my hands over my face when the bug scenes were happening! The last ten minutes of the movie was excruciating because you know Kong is going to die and it's so sad. They drag it out forever though! One completely personal problem I had with the movie is that I simply cannot take Jack Black seriously. I did try, but he looks crazed even when he's not being goofy! And shall we talk about the plot holes...? So, great action and special effects, but overall not nearly as good as I anticipated.

But enough about that. On to my next review...

X-Men 3 - LOVED IT!!! We just got back from the theater and it was wonderful! I won't really say any more because most people will not have seen it yet, but it is so worth the price of admission. I might actually want to go and see it again before it leaves the theaters. Oh wait - that's not so easy with Lila around. Well anyway, we'll definitely be owning that one as soon as it's available. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»