1.6.06

I fell in the parking lot of PetSmart today while carrying Lila. It was very stupid, but thankfully Lila is uninjured. I was carrying her and an umbrella and my soda from lunch and it was raining, so the ground was wet. I was wearing my flip-flops with no traction on the bottoms and stepped onto a slick, painted curb. In a fraction of a second, my foot and slipped out from under me and I landed, tushie first, on the curb.

Ouch! I was able to hang onto Lila, but she got flopped backward over my arm. I really think it just scared her, but she started crying. I got us off the ground and out of the rain and could find no sign that she was injured or had even touched the ground. She calmed down pretty quickly too, so she is totally fine. My tushie, on the other hand, is bruised. I just feel dumb because I should have known better!

To those who were concerned about me because of yesterday's post - thank you. :)

Poor Dougie was working (from home) until after midnight last night! I'm not sure exactly what time he came to bed because I finally gave up and went to sleep at midnight. He'll be needing some naps this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yikes. sorry about your rear, that sounds like no fun. glad everyone is ok. -michele