27.6.06

Lila the Lifter

We almost shoplifted this afternoon. I was looking at some tins of chocolate at Steinmart and Lila wanted to hold one, so I let her. We were there with a friend of mine and her daughter and we wandered around for a bit longer before we left. After we walked out the front door, I looked down at Lila and saw that she still had the chocolates in her hand! Eek! I'm surprised an alarm didn't go off or something.

I just popped back inside, replaced the almost-stolen goods, and then left. How embarrassing would it have been if someone else had noticed, but I hadn't! Oh well, it was funny anyway. And I learned an important lesson: Check Lila's hands before leaving a store. I think that will be even more important once she's walking and can grab the goods for herself!

No comments: