26.6.06

So many funny things to write... I'll start with what just happened. Lila and I sometimes play this game where we take turns making these horrible high-pitched squeaking noises. I may have told a story about that before. Well, we were just doing it and Cordy finally got up, made some sort of complaining noise, and left the room. I guess she just couldn't take it anymore. :o)~

I have been planning (for at least a month) on taking some photos of Lila in her Father's Day dress and I finally did it! You can see them below. In the past, when I've dressed her up for an official photo shoot, I've been able to get some great shots. That was before she became mobile. Now I have three options: Lila crawling directly at me to get the camera, Lila crawling away from me, and Lila stopping and looking at the camera just long enough for me to catch her making some sort of strange face. Oh well, it will be easier when she's walking because (even though I'll still have to chase her around) at least you'll be able to see her cute outfit better.

She and Doug and I went for a walk last night and she was *so* tired. She just flopped out in the stroller, looking either dead or drugged, for most of the walk. I don't think it helped that it was pretty warm out and she gets lethargic in the heat like any normal person. Anyway, we had her sunglasses on her because it was that point in the late afternoon when the sun seems determined to blind you. She wore them for nearly the entire trip with no complaint. The funny part came when she saw something that was interesting to her and she wanted to get a better look (we never figured out what it was that she was looking at). She pulled the shades down a bit and looked over the top of them. That was cute enough, but her true coolness shined through when she got through looking at whatever-it-was and pushed the shades back up onto her nose. She looked like she knew exactly what she was doing.

That reminded me of
  • this photo.
  • No comments: