27.6.06

I have caught both of the cats being extremely odd with our fake cat in the past couple of days -- Wait, let me back up...

My mom recently bought us one of those fake cats that's in a curled up position and covered with rabbit fur. It's just realistic enough to make you look twice and then disturb you. Anyway, Charlie was rather aggressive with it in the beginning and then he and Cordy both started completely ignoring it. It has been on our guest bed for several weeks.

Well yesterday I turned around and caught Charlie grooming it! I know that he knows it's not a real cat. I mean, he *has* to! And if he thought it was some sort of dead animal... wouldn't he be more upset by it? And I don't think he'd be licking it so affectionately! Strange cat.

Cordy was a little less weird - she was just curled up asleep with it. I've actually found both of them doing that in the past, but not recently. I guess it's more accessible now because I moved the pillow that was next to it.

Anyway, very strange... :o)~

No comments: