28.6.06

Lucky Me

In case I haven't mentioned it recently, I have the most awesome baby *ever*! For evidence, see the previous 10 months' worth of entries. I even feel this way on the days when I have to fish cat food out of her mouth THREE TIMES and by 7 p.m. she's lost her mind and we have to go for a walk so that Doug and I don't end up crazy too.

I just finished nursing her and we sat on the couch together for a while. Lila sat on the pillow in my lap and we played our little games. We squealed at each other, we flirted, I attacked her with wiggly fingers over her face. At one point, she cracked me up by licking my palm. Why did she do this? Who knows! That's why it was so funny.

I got hug after wonderful hug and even one precious (and slimey) kiss. I finally got up and took her to the changing table. Having her diaper changed these days is about as popular with Lila as, ohh... having her fingers bitten off. But this time I was able to keep her happy and laughing. I did things that I'm sure looked completely absurd, but they made my little girl giggle. And then -- suddenly -- I turned into the Mommy Monster! Oh no, I'm going to eat that little belly! And this earns me the most breathtaking squeals and belly laughs of all time.

Yep. I'm feeling like the most lucky mommy in the world right now... :)

No comments: