2.1.13

Easing Back Into Things

I figured I'd miss a few posts during the week of Christmas. There was just too much fun being had and our schedule was all over the place.
 
What I did not anticipate was the five days I'd be spending in bed once Christmas was over. It was gnarly. I'm feeling much better now, but I'm still pretty tired.
 
That being said, I think I'll ease back into things with a Food Waste Confession.
 

This is a delightful Tuscan Pumpkin Pasta Sauce that I bought back in October. I ate it a couple of times before I took a second look at the label and discovered that it had milk in it. Since I strive to be strictly vegan at home, I quit eating it and no one else paid any attention to the poor lonely jar of sauce. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away while it was still good, so I let it sit in the fridge until it started getting furry.
 
Very logical, Angela. 


These are the remains of a bunch of cilantro and I'm actually quite proud of this one! I am pretty sure that this is the closest I have ever come to finishing off a bunch of cilantro. I chopped the whole bunch, put it in this container, and added it to every salad and dish that crossed my path until it went to the Slimy Place.
 
Oh, and one more thing. I was looking through one of our refrigerator drawers earlier and spotted what appeared to be a tub of bleu cheese crumbles. Since no one in my family can stand bleu cheese, I took a second look. It was actually a tub of feta cheese crumbles that had gone blue. Ick. That went straight into the garbage can. (Honestly, I can't imagine that it tasted much different than real bleu cheese.)

No comments: