28.1.13

A Ghost?

A couple of weeks ago, Eli spent the night with his grandparents and Lila stayed home with us. We were waiting for Doug to get home from work, so it was just Lila and myself in the house. I ran a bath for her, called out to let her know that it was ready, and stepped into the Little Girls' Room. I pulled the door mostly closed behind me and, um, sat down. A few seconds later, I saw something go past the crack in the door, heading into the bathroom. Naturally, I assumed it to be Lila heading for the bath.

When I came out of the bathroom, the first thing I saw was a small cradle in the middle of my bedroom floor, still rocking. It was creepy.


I looked around and Lila was nowhere to be seen. I walked over to the tub, thinking maybe she was just slumped down out of sight. All I saw was a half-dozen fairies at the bottom of the water, most of them face down. This was also creepy.


I think there's a baby-stealing, fairy-killing, ghost in our house. It's the only logical conclusion.

No comments: