31.1.07

Tonight I'm Feeling Pensive

Do you ever wonder why life is so complicated? Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by it. Even when it may appear so from the outside, no one has a simple life. We all have emotional turmoil and difficult decisions to make and we're so afraid of other people (often with good reason).

Tonight I was thinking: maybe life is so complicated to remind us that life is really very simple. Two things are important: loving God and loving others as you do yourself. Everything else in life fits into those two categories. That may sound simplistic... and it is, I guess. But that's the point!

I don't mean to say that our turmoil and decisions and fears are unimportant. They are very important. But we don't have to be overwhelmed by them. I'll use my depression as an example. I get so caught up in my own thoughts and fears sometimes that it seems like an impossible situation. How can I ever make sense of my pain?

Love God. Love others. How do I love God in my depression? I pour my heart out to Him and believe in his deliverance. How do I love people in my depression? I share the things that God has taught me and use my experiences to comfort others in similar situations.

Does that make any sense? Is there something in your life that seems overwhelming? Are you willing to try thinking about it in this way? Call it an experiment...

No comments: