25.1.07

Finally Back Online

Whew! The past week has been crazy. We were iced in for three days last week and then it cleared up enough that I was able to fly to New York on Thursday. I got home late on Sunday night and spent Monday and Tuesday recovering. It's taken me this long to catch up on things enough to take the time to blog. Like I said, whew!

The trip to NY was lots of fun! I missed Doug and Lila a LOT, but only moped a little. Renee and I stayed up way too late most nights and walked our tushies off during the day, so I was exhausted by the end of the trip. We ate out for nearly every meal and I discovered the best chocolate cake in the world (at Max Brenner's). I walked up 5th Avenue and stopped into Saks long enough to have some guy in mascara tell me (in a very polite and tactful way, of course) that the area around my eyes needs work and I should buy some $150 eye cream.

I attended 2/3 of a mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral and bought Lila a new I [heart] New York shirt since she's just outgrown her old one. Then it was on to the half-price ticket line, followed by the NY Public Library. The show we saw was Spamalot and it was hilarious! After that we went to the top of the Empire State Building - not something I recommend doing at 11 p.m. in the middle of January!

We also did some shopping on the Upper West Side, saw a movie ('The Painted Veil' - sad, but very good - i recommend it), and had dinner at an exceedingly cool and expensive restaurant called Duvet. Their gig is that you eat on beds instead of at tables. The photo here is taken at our bed. Excuse my wind-chapped cheeks and hat hair. The place is very cool and you can check it out at www.duvetny.com.

Anyway, those were the highlights. Add in miles and miles of walking and lots and lots of eating and you've got a pretty good idea of my Solo Adventure in New York!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were in NYC and didn't call us! Seriously, if you are ever in New York and would like to connect, we'd love to see you - it's not too far. No pressure, of course.

HopeFloats said...

I don't know if I could bring myself to eat on a bed, I am overly obsessed with keeping crumbs out of mine. But the whole trip sounds like fun!