30.3.04

So, this is kind of funny. On Saturday, I was watering all my plants and I found a small pecan tree growing in one of the pots. [thank you squirrels] I didn't know that's what it was until I pulled it up and a long root and a whole pecan came out with it. So, Doug and I picked a spot near the fence and planted it. Our backyard is almost entirely shaded anyway, but that would fill in one big open area, if it gets big enough. It's a little tiny thing right now, so we put a border of rocks around it to keep Doug from mowing it down.

The Alamo Drafthouse Downtown was showing Turkish Star Wars on Sunday. Doug and I tried to go see it, but we wanted to use these free passes that we have and we found out after we got there that we couldn't use them for that show. That's the second time we've gone to the Alamo downtown and gotten turned away at the door. The first time was on Halloween when we tried to go see a Mr. Sinus Theater and it was sold out. That wouldn't be *so* annoying except that it's in the middle of downtown which means hunting for a parking spot and then walking to the theater... Oh well.

No comments: