15.3.04

John 10:28 - (Jesus speaking) "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

So, Charlie has planted a funny smell somewhere near our front door. We have narrowed it down to the entryway closet, but have not located the exact location yet. In trying to find the source of the smell yesterday, I sniffed both of the kitties and that is how I came to the conclusion that Charlie is the culprit - he posessed the smell. This inspired me to give him a bath and since I couldn't be unfair and have him thinking we love Cordy more, I decided we'd give them both a bath. So, I talked Doug into it and we locked them in the bathroom with us and bathed them.

Due to the breed of cat that Charlie is (Maine Coon), he has waterproof fur. This makes it difficult to actually get his fur wet! However, we succeeded and he was bathed against his will. Cordelia actually took it much better than he did, which was a surprise since she's such a spaz. After we dried them with towels and let them flick their legs around some, I took the hairdryer after them. Charlie didn't like it, but he put up with it. Cordy was terrified of it, so I quit trying. The good news is that they are still speaking to us and they haven't punished us (as far as we know)!

No comments: