17.3.14

Thinkery

No one thinks of winter when the grass is green! -- Rudyard Kipling

It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow. Praise the Lord and pass the biscuits!

It will be hard to spend the day inside, doing our school work, when the weather is so beautiful! I'll have to look at our assignments and see what we could do outside. At the very least, it will be a day when the kids fly out the door as soon as it's break time!

The kids did pretty well today, given our week of exhausting fun. We saw a little turmoil this morning. Lila was talking to everyone like they were stupid and Eli became hostile when he was told to get dressed for school before he had dessert.

It was diffused pretty quickly, however, and all were fairly cheerful by the time they left for work and school. They came home predictably fatigued and still had to go to ballet (lila) and swim (eli) class. I think we all handled that pretty well too.

By dinner, those poor people were running on fumes! They each had to go spend five minutes in their room for telling the other that they hate them. Then it took a turn for the silly. Eli totally lost his mind and spent about five minutes cackling uncontrollably.

That pretty much ended dinner.

-----

Here are a few more photos of our Spring Break fun. These were taken at the New Austin Children's Museum. That was the day that I'd had all the fun I could handle, so I stayed home. As far as I'm concerned, the children's museum is the 7th circle of hell.

No. Make that the 6th circle. Swimming pools (all of them) are the 7th circle of hell! But I digress...

The Master Builder

The Artist

Giant Lite Brite! I want one of these in my house!

Chickens

No comments: