14.3.14

Pioneers

"It will not always be summer; build barns." -- Hesiod

We have had a rockin' good time this week. The activities have not all been things that I wanted to do, but we made some wonderful memories! (And I did allow myself to skip the Thinkery, in the interest of mental well-being.)

Today, we went to Pioneer Farms (living history park) and it was so. much. fun.

In fact, Lila and I enjoyed it so much that we are seriously thinking of applying to be volunteers there! Eli would probably do it with us, but I'm guessing that Doug will skip that particular adventure. He's not a big fan of livestock or playing dress-up and pretend.

Here are a few of the best photos from our day...





Can't you just see Lila and I doing this?





Eli had a run-in with a barbed wire fence.

Lila was completely fascinated by the blacksmith.

What's a farm without a barn cat?

No comments: