18.3.14

Crazytown

"Even if He kills me, I will hope in Him." (Job 13:15)

Okay, maybe that quote is a little melodramatic for the situation that I'm facing, but it's still relevant!

Do you remember, back in September, when I talked about my plan to slowly (really, very slowly) wean myself off antidepressants? At that time, I went from 50 mg of Paxil CR per day to 25 mg per day. It totally freaking sucked.

But, I stuck with it and eventually my body normalized. I am back to doing just dandy, and with only half the medication. Now it's time for the next step. I met with my doctor last week and we agreed to take it down to 12.5 mg per day.

The first time, I experienced the following symptoms of withdrawal: vivid dreams, intense emotions, anger and frustration, depression, nausea and diarrhea, headaches, poor concentration, and short-term memory problems.

I don't expect this time to be any different. Due to an unfortunate combination of busyness and procrastination, I was late in picking up my new prescription, so I missed a couple of doses altogether. (See disclaimer.)

Disclaimer: I did not plan this. You should never stop taking prescribed medication without talking to your doctor first. It's a bad idea!

Anyway, I'm already dizzy and my emotions are jumping around like water on a hot skillet. (Is that a saying?) I also can't seem to access all of my vocabulary, which is particularly annoying to a person who loves words.

I joked with Doug that I was just getting a head start on my withdrawal. (See disclaimer again.)

I'm quite sure that I'll be mentioning this topic again, but that's enough for now. Please keep me - and my family - in your prayers. If you aren't the type of person who prays... pray anyway. This level of crazy needs all the intercession it can get!

-----

And now for something completely different. Zoo photos!

Oooh, no you di'int!

Kitty

What we wanted was a nice family photo. What we got was poor lighting,
wind-blown hair, a boy who did not want to have his picture taken, I don't
even know what Lila's got going on with that face...
and Doug, who actually looks nice!

Eli, still not interested in the photos.
And seriously, what the heck was wrong with my daughter?!?
I swear she wasn't drunk.

Eli's Favorite

I think Handy (that's the stupid stuffed dog's name) should be glad there was
glass between him and the wild dog. Pooch looks like he wants a
Snoopy Snack.

End of the day; dinner on the Riverwalk; Eli's new stuffed snake.
Eli looks like he's asleep with his eyes open... but at least he's smiling!

Grammie Love

More people who are asleep with their eyes open.

No comments: