11.5.07

Movie Review

Doug and I just watched End of the Spear. My heart is heavy, but it is a wonderful story. We borrowed the movie from a friend, ages ago, but I had been putting off watching it. I knew it was going to make me cry, and it was hard to want to end an evening that way. It did, indeed, make me cry, but it was inspiring. There was also some fantastic and hilarious documentary footage during the credits.

I highly recommend seeing this one, as soon as possible.

I also had my first acupuncture treatment this morning. How that came to be is a long story, but I'd been wanting to try it for quite some time. The needles were not bad at all. I had been told this, but I was still nervous. The guy also did some reflexology on my feet (which felt like a nice foot massage to me) and a technique called 'cupping' on my back.

How cupping works is also kind of a long story, but it involves suction and works like a reverse deep-tissue massage. Instead of pushing on the muscles, it pulls on them. When your muscles tighten up, blood gets trapped in there. When the muscles are sucked this way, it pulls that trapped dead blood to the surface of the skin. What that means is that I have some truly disturbing looking bruising on my back right now. I had Doug take a couple of photos, which I'll post in a few days.

The acupuncturist (Dave) said I could expect to see a slight increase in energy over the next couple of days, as well as a loosening of the muscles in my neck, shoulders, and back. I think I'm going to have a few sessions to see if I notice a difference in my fatigue and muscle tension. If it works - fantastic! If not, then what have I lost (besides some money)?

P.S. - This photo of Lila was taken through the net window of her little play tent. That's why it looks odd. I just thought it was a fun picture.

Also, I do have more Women's Retreat stuff to post, but right now I'm very tired and there are two kitties yelling at us to feed them and go to bed. Who am I to argue with a fuzzy little animal?

No comments: