15.4.07

Movie Review

I saw another movie last night, but this time it was not one of my late-night movie fests. I went out with a few friends for dinner and then we saw Reign Over Me. It was really good! I went into it skeptical because I was afraid it was going to be cheesy, but was the only movie playing right now that we were all somewhat interested in.

The plot: A man (Adam Sandler) who lost his family in the September 11 attack on New York City runs into his old college roommate (Don Cheadle). Rekindling the friendship is the one thing that appears able to help the man recover from his grief. (Source: IMDB)

I'm so glad that we saw it! It's a long movie - two hours, plus a few minutes - but the story was so compelling that I didn't mind. I was aware of the time, but wanted it to keep going. Adam Sandler did a great job with his character, as did the rest of the cast. It was hard to watch, but it had some funny moments and it gave me a glimpse into what it must be like to have been one of those who lost a loved one (or their entire family) that day.

I recommend seeing it as soon as you can. I know I said that last week about Meet the Robinsons too. So you can take the kids to see Meet the Robinsons and then go without them to see Reign Over Me. If you don't have kids, then celebrate that fact by watching both of them in one day! Just make sure you see Meet the Robinsons first.

1 comment:

HopeFloats said...

Lila looks like Grandaddy Frank's clone in those overalls. Except for the shirt and pony-tail of course.