1.1.14

Space

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. -- Aesop

I love my family. A lot. I mean, I crazy-out-of-my-mind love them.

Because I love them, they need to go back to work and school.

Like, yesterday.

The four of us have been together for most of the past two-and-a-half weeks and I can't take it anymore. I am selfish and human and I need some SPACE.

I think we're all feeling it, really. Doug hasn't said so, but I'm pretty sure he'll be glad to get back to work tomorrow. And Eli threw a massive fit over going into rest time yesterday. He hasn't done that in a long time.

The problem was that he wanted to spend rest time in his room, but Lila had already called it. He was standing on the guest bed, screaming at the top of his lungs, "No! It has to be the bedroom! I want to be in the bedroom! Nuffing but the bedroom! Nooooooooo!"

I had to walk away so that he did not see me laughing.

Lila is just exhausted. She had her BESTIE at our house for a sleepover Monday night and it sounds like they only got about half as much sleep as they needed. I can tell you for sure that they were out of bed at 5:20.

Last night, both kids were up late at a New Year's Eve party. They had a blast, but they can't take much more. They were in bed on time tonight, and they had darned well better sleep past 6:30 in the morning!

If they don't, I will be sending them to work with Doug.

No comments: