13.1.14

Boring

Taste and see that the Lord is good.
How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him!
(Psalm 34:8)

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
I had an unusual weekend, followed by a very busy Monday. On Saturday morning, I drove to Dallas for my Aunt Linda's memorial service. After the service, and a fun dinner with family, I drove back home. That's a whole lotta driving in one day, but it really wasn't bad!

Then I spent all of Sunday in bed. I don't know if it was the Chick-fil-A in Waco, the chips I nibbled at the memorial service, the Chili's in Mesquite, or the Frosty I grabbed on my way home, but something was contaminated with gluten. Meh.

Thankfully, though I still felt rather crummy when I woke up this morning, I recovered quickly. It was non-stop action from the time my feet hit the floor until about an hour ago, when dinner was over and I was able to sit down and relax.

I wish I had something more profound to talk about, but... well, I just don't.

I will say that it's amazing how quickly you can lose fitness abilities when you aren't working out consistently. I was very spotty in going to the gym all during our Christmas break. I went from being able to pretty easily run/walk 3.1 miles before the break to barely making it to 2 miles before feeling like I was going to puke today.

Not cool, man. Not cool.

No comments: