31.1.14

Funnies

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back." -- Phillips Brooks

An amusing rationalization:

I am flying solo tonight, so I picked up a cheesesteak and brownie from Wholly Cow for dinner. On the way home, I ate the brownie. This is how my logic went:

"I've never had this brand of brownie before. Gluten free brownies can be awesome, or they can be disgusting. If I eat this amazing cheesesteak first, and then the brownie isn't good, I'll be left with a gross taste in my mouth. I know the cheesesteak is good, so I'll eat the brownie first."

True reason: I was hungry and there were no children present to be a good example for.

The brownie was delish!

Funny and odd things the kids have done lately:

1. Lila made me come to the living room and sit on the couch, so that she could get in my lap and look me in the eye to say, "Why are you being so weird?!?"

2. Eli pooted a half-dozen times and then said his bootie was having a festival.

3. Lila said to Eli, "You are so hard to reason with."

4. I discovered that Eli has trouble saying his own middle name (which is Sebastian). When he says it, the name comes out more like 'Spedashden'.

5. When Doug was leaving for his trip this afternoon, Lila went running back to the car for one last kiss through the window. Eli kind of shook his head and said, "She is so into Dad."

A great movie quote (from The Avengers):

Black Widow: [referring to Thor and Loki] "These guys come from legend. They're basically gods."
Captain America: "There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that."

No comments: