13.2.14

Back

"'Tis one thing to be tempted, another thing to fall." -- William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

I want to go to there.
(Bonus points if you can identify that quote.)
Doug is home from his business trip and life is finally getting back to normal. I just finished looking through some of his photos from the trip and I'm kind of hating him. He simply cannot go to Edinburgh without me again. I won't allow it!

Since Doug got home on Tuesday evening, all I've wanted to do is not a bloody thing! I've had to force myself to get out of bed, go to the gym, educate my children, clean my children, feed my children... The house cleaning has suffered the most.

I managed to be fairly productive today, but there are still bathrooms that need to be swished & swiped, laundry that needs to be done, not to mention the ever-advancing tide of toys that need to be torched thrown away put away.

All that aside, I'm in a pretty happy place at the moment. Doug came home to 4 nearly-bad bananas (lila and i will only eat them if they're still slightly green), so he made a banana bread this evening. The house smells like heaven.

The longer Doug was gone, the more craptastic my eating habits got. I'm trying to recover from that too. I've done a good job (today) of not eating obscene amounts of tortilla chips or finding an excuse to eat out. Now I have to resist the siren call of the banana bread.

It will taste better tomorrow anyway. It smells freaking awesome when it's hot, but the flavor is best after it has cooled completely. Plus, very few things can pull me away from my evening snack addiction of pretzels and hummus.

Confession: Doug recently caught me licking an empty container of hummus.

No comments: