17.2.14

Business

"Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore." -- Lord Byron

Saturday's big gorgeous moon.
I just don't have an appropriate camera for taking moon shots.
The kids and I are in the midst of a 4-day weekend and the weather has been perfect! Lila and Eli are spending hours outside every day and I've got all the windows open. One of my favorite things is having the windows open, some favorite music going, and the sound of my children playing together in the background.

Honestly, I'm pretty tired and I don't have much to say. I will share an amusing story though.

The four of us saw the Lego Movie on Saturday evening. (It's hilarious! You should go, even if you don't have kids.) For those of you who haven't seen it yet, I'm sorry. This won't be as funny for you.

We have a chalkboard at the top of our stairs. After the kids were in bed on Saturday night, I wrote "LORD BUSINESS WAS HERE!" on the chalkboard. After breakfast the next morning, I said,

"I think Lord Business was here last night. . . . Go check the chalkboard upstairs."

Both kids went thundering up the stairs. I heard some murmuring and then they headed back down.

Lila: "Mom, that was just you."
Me: "What?!? It says, 'Lord Business was here,' not 'Mom was here.'"
Lila: "We know you wrote it."
Me: "What makes you think that?"
Lila: "MOM! I know your handwriting!"

Smarty pants.

I noticed later that the message had changed to: I WAS HERE AGAIN.

No comments: