7.1.14

Normal

"Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom." - Charles Spurgeon


Cages: not just for guinea pigs anymore.
(I swear I did not do this.)
I really thought that this would be a rough day. It was our first homeschool day after three weeks of Christmas vacation. I anticipated grumpiness, lack of patience, and complaining.

I didn't expect the kids to be very excited about things either. [wink]

Instead, it was a great day! We were all patient and friendly and we got every stitch of school work finished. I am taking this as proof that the children were just as ready for a normal routine as I was. (And that three weeks off can do us a lot of good!)

I even had enough energy left over after dinner to take care of several daily chores, clean out the guinea pig cage, and update our calendar for January (a week late). And here I sit, listening to Imagine Dragons and blogging away.

If I can get my butt to BodyPump in the morning, then things will truly be back to normal. Don't tell anyone, but I took a two-hour nap yesterday instead of going to the gym.

My Aunt Linda's memorial service is on Saturday. I do not look forward to the stirring up of pain, but I will be glad to have a little closure. To say goodbye. Waiting has been a little like being one chapter away from finishing a book, but not being able to read it.

I don't think anyone in the family can really begin to move on until Linda's house is cleaned out and sold, but that's going to take more patience.

No comments: