8.12.13

Food

"After all is said and done, more is said than done." -- Aesop

Well, I was gonna update my blog on Friday night... but I went to bed at 8:30.

I was gonna update my blog last night... but after I put the kids to bed, I just didn't want to!

Things that I did do:

For dinner last night, I made a (vegan) Greens Quiche. It was edible. That's about all I can say for it. I try a lot of new recipes, and most of them turn out to be good, if not great. This one, not so much. It had texture issues.

I was determined not to waste the leftovers, however. SO for dinner tonight, I threw the rest in a pan, along with some leftover black beans, sautéed vegetables, and the over-salted Garlic and Herb Tomatoes that were the original side dish.

I threw in a little salsa, for good measure, heated the whole mess up, and then served it with corn tortillas and called it Tacos. Surprisingly, not as bad as you might think. It was actually an improvement over the first night!

[Side note: A sneezing guinea pig is surprisingly distracting.]

After tonight's dinner, Lila and I baked (gluten-free, dairy-free) Cherry Orange Scones. Baking always makes me nervous because I'm just not that good at it. If these scones are any indication, then I must be getting better.

They are SO GOOD! I want it to be tomorrow morning, so that I can have a scone and coffee for breakfast.

Once our baking was done, all four of us sat down and watched Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The real one. Not that travesty of a movie that I have not bothered to watch because I know that it would cower in a corner, whimpering in shame for how bad it is.

All-in-all, a lovely end to the weekend. And Monday morning promises scones and coffee!

No comments: