15.12.13

Sadness

Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands. -- Proverbs 14:1

I'm sorry I've been so inconsistent with updating my blog lately. This is a crazy time of year! There have been train rides, concerts, illnesses - you name it! And things have achieved a new level of crazy with today's trip to the vet.

As I was getting ready for church this morning, I heard Cordy making some very unhealthy-sounding retching noises. I checked on her and then came back upstairs. She followed me up and lay down on my bed, breathing fast and growling at people. Definitely not normal.

I took her to the emergency hospital and they determined that she had fluid around her lungs and some other anomaly that they weren't sure about. They used a needle to remove some of the fluid and looked at it under the microscope.

I was expecting to get a call telling me she either did or did not have an infection. Instead, I got a call telling me that she most likely has lymphosarcoma. We'll take her to the regular vet tomorrow, for blood work and a second opinion, but this doctor said she was pretty confident in the diagnosis.

That means we are likely facing another heartbreaking pet decision. We're trying not to let this quench our Christmas Spirit, but it's a bit hard to be jolly when you're told that your pet of 11 years most likely has cancer.

1 comment:

Susan Jordan said...

This may be selfish of me but this is one of the reasons I don't have any pets any more. I have lost too much in too short a time to want to be responsible for any other living things.
My plants are lucky they are alive!