2.12.13

Tree

A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath. -- Proverbs 15:1

I sent some grumpy people off to school and work this morning. Monday morning, after Thanksgiving break, did not agree with my husband and daughter! The way Lila was carrying on about how heavy her backpack was, you'd have thought I hid a body in there.

Eli and I were in good spirits, however, and I did not allow them to kill my Happy Monday Buzz. (Don't tell anyone, but I happen to love Mondays!) I was even a Good Little Girl and put in my 3 miles on the elliptical at the gym.

This evening we did what we tried unsuccessfully to do last night. We got our first real Christmas tree! My advice: Never go looking for a Christmas tree at 7:30 p.m. on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. All you'll find are 10-foot-tall, $200 trees.

My allergies have improved so much over the past couple of years (Ask me how, but you won't like the answer.) that we decided to give this a try. We brought an entire tree INTO our house. It will either be great or I'll spend the next four weeks with a headache!

It smells very festive, but that could get old pretty quickly. I'm so sensitive to smells... Eh, whatever. We've got a pretty Christmas tree! What I'm most curious about is just how much naughtiness this is going to cause among the cats.

Charlie (Ceiling Cat rest his soul) was the real Christmas Tree Bandit, but I don't exactly trust these other two trouble-makers. As I type this, Cordelia is walking around the downstairs, talking to us about it. Something in the Matrix has changed and kitties don't like change.

They do like to attack things, however. For now, we'll put only a few non-breakable ornaments on the tree and nothing near the bottom. Doug said we should buy some catnip and place it around the bottom of the tree, to distract the cats. I'm pretty sure he did not think that one all the way through.

We get the cats HIGH and then leave them alone with the Christmas tree? Is this really what we want?

I don't think so.

No comments: