16.12.13

Class

Yet He knows the way I have taken; when He has tested me, I will emerge as pure gold.
-- Job 23:10

I don't know what my daughter is doing in this photo, but
I laugh out loud every time I see it!
Lila had her first ballet class today. Well, her first class this time. She took creative movement and ballet classes at Ballet Austin when she was 5 - 6 years old. And she took a dance class at school last year. But she recently gave up her outside-of-school gymnastics class and switched back to ballet.

She's been so excited! She's the only kid I know who spent the whole weekend saying, "I wish it were Monday!"

She said it wasn't quite what she expected, because there was more focus on practicing the positions and movements than on what she would call dancing. We reminded her that learning the basics comes before the fun dance routines.

I think she's going to get a massive kick out of the end-of-year recital. I remember the dance recital I was in as a kid. It's so fun to learn the routine and wear the special costumes. And she loves to be on stage! She might get nervous, but she'll also LOVE it.

My favorite part of this whole set-up is the location of the dance school. It's (literally) next door to the swim school where Eli takes lessons! And starting on January 27th, they'll be taking classes at about the same time. Lila from 4:30 to 5:15 and Eli from 5:00 to 5:30.

That means I only have to drive them to lessons once!

My least favorite part of the set-up, incidentally, is the parent seating at the dance school. You can watch your child's class on a video screen, but you have to sit on benches that were designed and built by Satan.

No comments: