16.12.05

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my car was sick. Well, technically it still is. I took it in to the dealership later that day and they kept it over the weekend and then called me on Monday with a list of things that needed to be fixed. The big problem is a $600 control module that needs to be replaced. Thankfully, that is covered by my extended warranty!

I also needed new brake pads and a new master cylinder cap (do i sound like i know what i'm talking about?) - not covered under the warranty. Oh well! I also need a new battery, but no way was I going to pay to have them replace it! That we can do ourselves. I did get an oil change though, for good measure. Anyway, the $600 part had to be ordered from somewhere else, so they fixed the rest of it and I brought it home.

They were supposed to call me when the part came in (within one week). They didn't, however. I called yesterday and they said, "Oh yeah. That's already come in." Thanks. So, I've made an appointment for Monday to have the rest of the work done. Soon my car will be well again. And I feel quite justified in having bought the extended warranty!

This car is only four years old and it's a Honda, but apparently no car is safe in my hands. Oh well... :)

No comments: