3.4.08

Catching Up

I'm sorry I've been so delinquent at posting lately. I guess there's been some little shift in our routine that's made it hard to find the time. I'm only doing this right now because I decided, for once, not to take a nap while Lila does. I may regret that decision later, but I just didn't feel tired at the time that she went to sleep. My naps aren't always restful anyway.

I've reached 33 weeks pregnant and I have exactly 41 days to go. For those who need to know, the doctor's office had to reschedule my c-section and it will now be on Tuesday, May 13th at 11 a.m. This week, Eli weighs a little over 4 pounds - roughly the same as a pineapple. They've been warning me that he might be larger than average, but that's what they said about Lila too and she was small/average.

Lila is doing well, for the most part. Ever since we went to Dallas last week, she's started waking up at 6 or 6:30 again for some reason. If it continues through the weekend, then I guess we'll move her bedtime back to 7. We had taken advantage of the time change to put her down at 8 and have her sleep 'til 7 or 7:30. We much prefer that schedule, but we're most interested in seeing her get ENOUGH sleep.

Doug is the same as ever - working diligently away at Dell during the day and being Lila's favorite person when he gets home. He's ready for Eli to be born too, though it doesn't weigh on his mind (or his spine) all the time like it does mine. Yesterday, he officially requested his "paternity leave" which made things a bit more real for him. Occasionally, I try to convince him to finish off this pregnancy for me, but he won't do it. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Lila, what tempo are you playing on your Daddy's guitar?
;o}

Anonymous said...

i love your posts angela!they are genuinely amusing.