20.4.08

23 Days and Counting...

As of yesterday, I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I'm starting to get very excited. I mean, I've been sick of being pregnant for some time, but now I'm actually getting excited about our new child. Anyway, Eli is gaining about an ounce a day and (probably) weighs almost 6 pounds. I am looking more and more like I could explode at any moment and I'm noticing worried looks from people I talk to.

This week's vegetable weight equivalent means nothing to me, so I'll move on to tell you that Eli is also probably more than 18.5 inches long. Since he enjoys laying sideways inside my body, that means I have a very wide belly. (come over here some evening, if you think i'm kidding about this.) He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the waxy substance that has protected his skin (the vernix caseosa, if you're interested).

Next week, I'll be considered full-term, which means that this baby REALLY could come out at any time with no concerns (and my complete blessing). I think Eli is head-down, when he isn't laying sideways. I'm not sure about that, but I'm altogether unconcerned about it for the same reason that I won't care if he's enormous - I won't be pushing him out!

No comments: