31.8.06

These are Days to Remember

Lila has made the official transition to a Big Girl car seat now. Things were getting mighty tight in her old rear-facing seat and she is really too heavy to lug around in it anymore. So we used her birthday money to buy a new, forward-facing car seat on Tuesday. Yesterday evening, we pulled her old seat and base out of the car and I installed the new one (with many utterances of, "what the heck?!? i'm so confused!").

Lila really had no clue what was going on, but Doug and I were excited on her behalf. When we get in the car in a couple of hours to go to lunch, she'll get to ride facing the front! A whole new world of travel and entertainment awaits her!

What I did not expect was that I am also sad! Last night, as I was walking through the house, I spotted her old car seat gear stacked up by the garage door (we haven't figured out where to store it yet). I was suddenly overcome by emotion - my little girl is growing up! I know she's only one year old and this was just a move from one kind of car seat to another, but still... it's another step away from the tiny baby that we brought home from the hospital just a little more than a year ago. [sigh]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila,

Your were sooooooo small when you came home...and now you are sooooo big - but cuter than ever!

Grammie