28.8.06

All this time, I've thought that Lila had my super-fair skin, but it looks like she might have a bit of her Daddy's coloring in her after all. When we all got back from the beach a couple of weeks ago, she and I both had more color than before we left. I would not go so far as to say that we had a tan (my skin does not tan, ever), but we had color.

On my body, that color has all gone away now. In fact, it was probably gone within two days. I was just noticing, however, that Lila is still looking quite colorful. I was looking at her skin next to mine and she puts me to shame. A beautiful pinkish tan on flawless chubby skin. I will still slather her with sunscreen and keep a hat and shades on her in the sun, but that's really wonderful news!

I grew up hating the fact that I was so pale. It doesn't matter how much time I spend in the sun, my skin just does not tan. I had gotten used to it in the past several years and don't think much about it anymore. I was made acutely aware of just how little color I have while we were in Florida though. I'm pretty sure that Doug, Lila, and I were the only people in Ft. Lauderdale without a tan. And Doug was only pale because he hadn't gotten a lot of sun this summer. He actually CAN tan.

Anyway, I need to go put my pretty girl down for a nap now. Before she unplugs my computer. :)

No comments: