30.8.06

Just a fur coat away

(from WORLD Magazine - August 26, 2006 issue)

"It's just one more way for every dog to have his day. Longtime Miami wigmaker Ruth Regina has begun crafting canine wigs for dog owners with a pile of cash and a dream of a fashionable dog. The Miami-area wigmaker says she dreamed up the idea to charge between $18 and hundreds of dollars for human-style hair wigs and extensions. 'I just see now that the little dogs are being carried around in Chanel carriers. They're wearing tiaras and sunglasses and visors,' she told south Florida's Sun-Sentinel. 'Dogs are just little people in fur coats.'"

This blurb was accompanied by a photo of said wigmaker sitting with her ugly little pug in her lap. The pug was wearing a curly blond wig that looked COMPLETELY STUPID!!!

I love my cats. I talk to them all the time and sometimes they talk back. I like to buy toys for them to ignore and I think they are hilarious little people. I draw the line, however, at buying ridiculous-looking fashion accessories. Man! People will spend money on anything...

Note: I do realize that I posted a photo of Charlie wearing a lei (sp?) just a few days ago, but that doesn't count because (a) it was not purchased for him - it was a leftover from my baby shower, and (b) it was put on him as a form of harassment and entertainment for myself, not to make him look stylish.

No comments: