18.8.06

Birthday Parties

Lila's first First Birthday Party is tomorrow and I'm hovering somewhere between completely dreading it and being really excited. I've ordered the cake, bought a few gifts for Lila, gotten some of the party favors - for children and adults, picked out which of her new birthday dresses Lila will wear, and have firm answers from everyone invited about whether or not they're coming.

I still need to figure out what kind of food we'll be serving and buy the ingredients as well as the balloons, plates, candles, and any other decorations I decide are necessary. I need to go out and buy some more favors for the adults. I need to get a bit more cleaning done. And we still need to figure out what, if any, games and other distractions we'll organize for party time. Eek!

And you know how Lila is helping me with this right now? She's sitting behind me, crying and beating on my chair. Why? Because I won't let her push buttons on the computer or pull cables out of the back of it. Yes, yes, I know - such a mean Mommy... [sigh]

Side note: If you live in Austin and you were not invited to this party, please do not be offended. We're keeping it pretty small and a lack of invitation does not mean that we don't like you! :)

No comments: